It is currently October 18th, 2017, 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: April 30th, 2014, 9:20 am 
Here is the place to start talking about the next Gathering in St. Augustine, FL.

Please note the new topic wording - archery golf will not take place.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 8:40 am 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Which of the resorts/hotels in the Golf Village complex are we going to be staying in? Also, can you post the details that we know so far?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 11:09 am 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Larry,

Cory and I are in the middle of negotiations on multiple issues with the Hotel staff...then we'll go over these details with the rest of Council on a May 11th Conference call...then we can share with the membership more of the "specifics."

The facility is the Renaissance World Golf Village.

Stay tuned, sorry I don't have more but this is a several-step-process.

~Jim

PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 3:55 pm 

Jim Akenson wrote:
Larry,

Cory and I are in the middle of negotiations on multiple issues with the Hotel staff...then we'll go over these details with the rest of Council on a May 11th Conference call...then we can share with the membership more of the "specifics."

The facility is the Renaissance World Golf Village.

Stay tuned, sorry I don't have more but this is a several-step-process.

~Jim

Jim, I understand completely. Gee, I guess I must be eager to see ya' all again!

Larry

PostPosted: July 27th, 2014, 10:35 am 

Membership Status: Life Member
Really looking forward to Archery Golf in St. Augustine. Hoping we will be able to go more than one round. I've done it and it is a lot of fun! :)

PostPosted: July 27th, 2014, 11:23 am 

Bill,

I am pretty sure the Archery Golf is out. The golf complex cannot afford to shut down an entire course during their peak season. Doug is going to have to edit that title. It is still going to be a great time and we are going to focus on going to focus on hunting and fishing opportunities pre and post Gathering.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 9:18 pm 

Hello friends!

Sorry I am late but better late than never.

First off, I was born in St Augustine on 10/25/49, the 534th aniversery of the Battle of Angencourt. Just thought I would throw that out there as I love history associated with archery especially.

Did anyone realize, or care, that TBOF (Traditional Bowhunters of Florida ) has always had their Spring shoot and what is now the Florida State Traditional Championship on the first week end in March? I was once the President of this Club and have never missed a spring shoot. The site of the shoot in the Ocala National Forest and is not that awful far from St Augustine. It is a well attended shoot and well put on. Several hundred participants come from all over the nation and beyond to shoot in it. Is it possible to couple the 2016 PBS gathering to coincide with the shoot? Where members could attend both. Several of our promanant mebers such as G Fred Asbell, Monty Browning, T J Conrad, Doug Borland and others have attended and spoken at this event. Sterling Holbrook my sponcer and his wife have attended this shoot many times. Is it something worth concidering?

Sorry for my very first post being controvercial..... if it is so? Just want to attend both events and if they are on the same week end I must choose. Also Don Davis will have to choose, another member of both that I can think of.

Respectfully,
"Hatchet" Jack Keener

PostPosted: January 13th, 2015, 7:37 pm 

Jack,
Sorry for such am late response to your post. I haven't visited this forum before that I can remember anyways.
I had conversations about this with many of the council and unfortunately the date is firm due to other functions at the venue. Ideally, having the banquet the weekend after TBOF would be great as we could likely get some of the fine PBS quality TBOF members to attend. The only chance of that happening now is if TBOF moved their shoot up one weekend, which is unlikely and maybe presumptuous to ask.
I am very disappointed in this collision of events. I think PBS missed a great opportunity to expand the brand in Fla. I don't fault anyone, I would not have thought to look to see if dates conflict. Simply an unfortunate turn of events.
I cannot in good conscience recruit folks to attend PBS and possibly take away from TBOF attendance.
I am not certain what I will do. I may attend TBOF in the am and run to the banquets in the pm. If that does seem practical I will likely have to choose to support TBOF.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2015, 7:15 pm 

I am truly sorry about this schedule conflict, and credit to Don, he had brought to our attention in Cinci this conflict. What happened was we could not get the affordable room rate we ended up with @ WGV without moving outside of the middle or last week of March - traditional spring break. So, our choices became either early March or early April and folks felt that early April would conflict with turkey season. I am also disappointed in this, and sorry it shook out this way.

Just an FYI, Council will be meeting in St. A. March 5-8th for our annual meeting and event planning for 2106.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2015, 9:25 pm 

Jim,
I'm still working on a solution!

How about the council take a half day or so on Sat March 7 and head over to the TBOF event about an hour and a half away. I could make some introductions and maybe there can be some movement in the TBOF dates.
If nothing else you'll get to enjoy some likely nice weather in a pretty part of the state.

If there remains a conflict I think I can still do parts of both.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 9:20 am 

Maybe I am being ignorant or presumptuous here but I can't help but ask why it would be so hard or "unlikely" for TBOF to simply back up one weekend, especially since TBOF members could be notified a full year in advance of their 2016 meet? Seems like this could easily become a win-win opportunity for both organizations.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 8:37 pm 

Gene,
The event is over 3 days with a fair number of vendors who travel a circuit it seems in the spring. Moving back conflicts with spring gobbler and forward with vendors.
Besides the TBOF event has been on the same weekend for over 25 years. I do think it is presumptuous to ask, but I did anyways. While I see a benefit to PBS, and a benefit to TBOF members who might attend, what exactly is the win for TBOF as an organization for moving their dates? If anything I see a move as being detrimental.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 10:11 pm 

Well,
I just received a call from the President of TBOF Bryan Finderr. He looked into a date change but there are just too many conflicts to mention. He sends his regrets and truly wanted to try to make it work as he and many others were looking forward to attending the banquet.
An invitation to the PBS council has been extended by Bryan to visit with the TBOF membership this March 6-8 as the TBOF event coincides with the council meeting in St Augustine. I think the drive is only an hour to hour and a half. I think it would be a good idea too.

Now on to more pleasant topics ..

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 10:53 pm 

Don,

Lets see if we can't swing a meeting like that for the Sat. afternoon - this March 7th. Should be able to commit right after the end of Jan. when we know election results (and who will have a rig or 2 for transportation there).

Thanks for working on this Don.

Jim

PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 7:47 am 

Sounds like a plan Jim. Let me know if you can make it.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 11:45 am 

I was hoping Bryan could move the TBOF shoot back or forward a week. It looks like I will be splitting time between TBOF and PBS next March.. I haven't missed a TBOF shoot since my first one in the spring of 1994. I am looking forward to the PBS event and meeting other members. Sterling and Krista were my PBS sponsors.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 7:41 pm 

Robert,
I'll likely do the same.
....you asked Sterling and Krista over me??!!

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 10:04 pm 

Don, They asked me at one of the TBOF shoots 6 or 7? years ago. I am willing to upgrade my membership..

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 8:10 pm 

I`m planning on St Augustine being my first PBS event. What exactly goes on? I`ve seen pictures of burly men sporting large earings and lipstick.......
Don, will you be my sponsor. I have completed 4 of the 12 steps....oh sorry wrong forum..

PostPosted: May 9th, 2015, 6:31 pm 

Looking forward to meeting you Chris.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2015, 7:57 pm 

This will be my first banquet as well. Is March 3rd pretty much an arrival day or are there activities going on that day?

Thanks, Lee

PostPosted: June 27th, 2015, 12:32 pm 

I'm planning on coming down also. Lee and Chris, I'll try to coordinate with you guys

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 12:09 pm 

The first day is normally Thursday. Most/many folks plan to arrive in the afternoon, check in, then attend the "social" that evening to meet and great old and new friends.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 9:00 am 

Thanks for the info Larry, I didn't know there was usually a "social" on Thursday evening.

Crispen, glad to hear you are planning to head down. It should be a fun weekend.

Lee

PostPosted: July 6th, 2015, 12:10 pm 

I cant find the thread that has the room rates and what we need to tell the resort to ensure PBS pricing? I could have sworn it was a thread with link to hotel website and comments about it from others...maybe I was dreaming.

Anyhow...deadline for room reservations from hotel staff?

List of Seminars and Times so we can schedule our time while there?

Cost per night for the rooms?

Etc????

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: July 6th, 2015, 1:43 pm 

Ron, I had read somewhere that the soon to be coming PBS publication will have all the info you just asked about.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2015, 2:08 pm 

Thanks Mike...I could have sworn it was in here somewhere previously though. I guess if nobody knows yet then I am not too late! :)

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: July 13th, 2015, 8:27 am 

Membership Status: Life Member
We should have complete info regarding the 2016 convention/banquet on both the website and in the magazine.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2015, 7:56 am 

According to a poll I just read on the inter-webs, Pizza Time in historic downtown St. Augustine is the number 2 rated pizza in America. We'll have to see about that... ;)

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 7:59 am 

The info on St. Augustine. Please note that the price is incorrect on the flyer. It is either $129 or $134 with free shuttle.

Attachments:
File comment: PLEASE NOTE THE ROOM PRICE ON THE FLYER IS INCORRECT. The correct price is either $129 or $134 and includes the shuttle. Still a very good price for a place this nice.
St Aug.jpg
St Aug.jpg [ 247.05 KiB | Viewed 3372 times ]
ST Aug 1.docx [1.55 MiB]
Downloaded 32 times
Arrow Contest.jpg
Arrow Contest.jpg [ 346.6 KiB | Viewed 3372 times ]
Speakers.jpg
Speakers.jpg [ 310.91 KiB | Viewed 3372 times ]
ticket-order-form[1].jpg
ticket-order-form[1].jpg [ 175.22 KiB | Viewed 3372 times ]