It is currently November 20th, 2017, 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 4:52 pm 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Sherwood Archers here in Roanoke Va will be hosting our 10th annual S.T.A.R. shoot or Sherwood Archers Traditional Rendezvous, June 6 & 7. I am in charge of this shoot once again and we are working to make this one our best yet. It is not as big as A.T.A.R. or Baltimore but we have a good group of guys show up and generally have a great time. We will have a 3-D course set up, our field course will be up and running, a toughman course, a fun course and the indoor range. We will have the Medieval Re-enactors back again this year and the show they put on is incredible. Very interesting and entertaining for the whole family.

Our club is one of the oldest clubs around and is set in some of the prettiest country that you could ever hope to walk in. Only problem is that it is for the most part dang near vertical. We have a club house with showers and a full kitchen that will be running over time to keep everyone fed. There is also a 20 yard indoor range that a lot of the guys staying local or camping end up playing on all night long.

Here is a link to our website:

http://www.sherwoodarchersroanokeva.com ... ional.html

A couple of the guys handling registration are associate members and I have a supply of the new PBS pamphlets on hand for us to hand out to prospective new members. Look me up if you make it down, I am usually buzzing around somewhere near the registration or the kitchen. It is always good to see and meet some of the PBS guys and maybe we can hook up some time on Saturday after all of the craziness burns off and shoot a round. Have our own little Professional Bowhunters Society group shoot. Loose some arrows and tell some lies. Duane Means will be running the tough man course and if he and I have any energy left that afternoon, we would love to shoot with you.

Randy

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Looks like fun! I missed it last year due to baling hay. Spring is early here in NC so hopefully I will have all my hay in the barn and can shoot some pretty purple-fletched arrows with you this year. Might even be sporting some new crocs.

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 10:34 am 

I sure would like to attend this shoot. I'll have to check my schedule to see if I can get away to this shoot. My wife and I are usually quite busy during the month of June with certain family events that just seems to beg for our time and participation.

Tony

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 4:28 pm 

I hope to see you there Tony! Thought you might make it to Baltimore OYG but it would be great to have you visit us in Roanoke.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jeff as well but he is on a "hunting fast" so I'm not going to hold my breath.....

PostPosted: April 8th, 2015, 7:12 pm 

Hey guys.... just letting you know that our raffle bow for the S.T.A.R. shoot this year is going to be one of the new, 2015 Grayling Green Kodiak Magnums. Right hand and 45 pounds. We will obviously have the tickets available for sale at registration and some of us will have them at some of the shoots this spring.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2015, 11:19 am 

Zipper Bows and Grizzly broadheads will be supporting the shoot this year as well. We will have some Grizzly broadheads, including the new Instinct, to give away this year.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2015, 11:22 am 

I am pretty excited as Allen Shafer from Ten Ring Strings will be at the S.T.A.R. shoot this summer. Everyone on line has been talking about his bow strings for the last several years, how well made they are and how they have enhanced their bows performance. He is going to bring in a lot of readymade strings and string material and set up a booth, but also provide information on Saturday afternoon about the various string materials and their benefits and weaknesses. Like most guys I have spent the last 30 years content with Dacron or FastFlite. It is going to be interesting hearing the advantages of some of the new materials on the market... Rhino, 8125, Ultra Cam, Fury, etc.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015, 9:42 am 

Less than a week out now and things are coming along nicely. Bill Dunn from Zipper bows has sent in some of his new Instinct broad heads for us to give away as prizes. Havalon knives has done the same and we have bows and goodies from Lancaster archery supply to give away as well.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2015, 7:18 am 

Randy
Knowing you are involved ,surely enhances this to be a great shoot.
I wish I was a little closer.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2015, 7:21 am 

Duane
Your running the tough man course ,Hmmm!!! I know you have devious side to you,sounds like fun.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 9:49 am 
Site Admin

My wife said that if I am good this week and get my chores done, I can sneak up there for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. Might even try to drag another PBSer with me. It is supposed to rain so I can't cut my hay anyway. Maybe I should bring a few extra arrows, in case Duane tries to punish the shooters again...

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2015, 10:19 pm 

If you do end up coming, make sure you turn your score cards in, whether you keep score on them or not. We are drawing for a new Black Magic bow donated by Lancaster Archery!

PostPosted: June 8th, 2015, 8:53 am 
Site Admin

I couldn't make it but I hear there was some excitement this past weekend.....Randy?

PostPosted: June 11th, 2015, 10:40 pm 

The Bear Kodiak Magnum Raffle bow was won by Lee Vivian of Pa.

The TradTech Black Magic bow donated by Lancaster Archerywas won by Todd Herndon of N.C.

The Instinct broad heads were won by Junior Whitaker and Matthew Echols

The Toughman shoot was won by Bill Weigold

Below are the results of the shoot. Due to space considerations I have only listed the top ten places in the larger classes. Feel free to e-mail me if you wish to know where you finished. I will order in the prizes and hope to have them mailed out within the next week or two.

3-D

ADULT MALE RECURVE
Jim Fields 271
Paul Vogel 261
Darryl Payne 245
Allen Spangler 232
Roger Cobb 231
Denny Cline 230
Allen Shafer 229
William Smith 224
Jason Dean 217
Daniel Reynolds 215

ADULT MALE LONGBOW
Lee Hinton 259
William Weigold 231
Jeff Moore 221
Harry Angel 218
Michael Light 196
Adam Phillips 193
David Jordan 188
Brendan Cottrell 184
Dallas Gentry 167
Gary Caldwell 152

ADULT FEMALE RECURVE
Linda Graham 262
Cay McManus 233
Charlene McManus 206
Wendy Moore 201
Becky Harper 149
Janet Clue 143
Elizabeth Sullivant 129
Peggy Carroll 118
Tammy Cobb 111

ADULT FEMALE LONGBOW
Judy Creasy 155
Lisa McLaughlin 127

YOUTH MALE RECURVE
Jake Threewitts 201
Joey Greenwell 199
Evan Shafer 177
Ryan Price 124
Austin Price 109

YOUTH MALE LONGBOW
Cody Smith 257
Aiden Scaggs 173
Kyle Scaggs 167

YOUTH FEMALE RECURVE
Caylee Cobb 159

YOUTH FEMALE LONGBOW
Brenna Shafer 143

FIELD ARCHERY

ADULT MALE RECURVE
Darryl Payne 183
Jim Fields 174
Allen Shafer 150
Allen Spangler 149
Bob Brummond 118
Josh Clue 73
Steve Price 71

ADULT MALE LONGBOW
Jeff Moore 185
William Weigold 138
Adam Phillips 106
Brendan Cottrell 96

ADULT FEMALE RECURVE
Wendy Moore 192
Janet Clue 79

YOUTH MALE RECURVE
Austin Price 49
Ryan Price 33

YOUTH FEMALE LONGBOW
Brenna Shafer 144

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]