It is currently November 21st, 2017, 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 12:55 pm 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Thought this would help everyone get the most of there hard earned money .
If you get a hole or tear or the darn sole is separating anything coming apart this will fix it and be there when the rest of it wears out .
Get yourself a small tube of 3m 5200 Black Marine Caulk !! This stuff will bond to anything and won't give it back in one piece .
This is first hand excperince for instance toar a large hole in some Lacrosse hip boot in the in step area . Took a piece of wax paper and taped to the inside then spread the marine caulk in the area and to edges fold torn piece in place then spread caulk over the top area laping over the tear edges some as it cures it will lay down pretty smooth an flat got 3 more years out of those boots. Did the same thing to a pair of Lacrosse Grange .
Still have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha burley that the sole was coming off . Yep 5200
Glued it back ran a bead around the whole the entire seam of the sole . Been wearing them now for two seasons still going strong .
One more my brothers snake boots leather was seperating from the soles I mean coming off yep 5200 still going after a year .
Don't forget to clean repair area first and don't throw those boots away get some 5200 . Completely water proof fix on rubber boots.

Member of NRA

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 1:31 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Great idea as I always have a tube in the freezer for repairing stuff on boats. Yes, keep it in the freezer if you want it to be viable the next time you need it. One caveat to 5200 is the time it takes for a complete cure. Though it will set up pretty good over night in warm weather, it might take a week for complete cure.

Another option is a product that was originally developed for neoprene wet suit repair - Aqua-Seal. Aqua-Seal will cure in 24 hours or with the accelerator in 4-6 hours. I have a pair of knee highs that got bitten by a fox that I fixed with Aqua-Seal 20 years ago. Good for small repairs. Like 5200, keep it in the freezer between uses.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 6:10 pm 

thanks for the tip.. its got to beat the tire patches and the silicone ive been using....

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 4:59 am 

I never go on a hunt without a tube of AquaSeal. Waders, boots, clothing, tents...great product as Pete mentioned. I'm convinced you could use it to mount broadheads or perform other duties if needed.

I'll be making a note of Melvin's advice on the 5200.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 7:37 pm 

All good info. In a pinch ShoeGoo works well, six bucks at Wmart.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 7:37 pm 

All good info. In a pinch ShoeGoo works well, six bucks at Wmart.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]