It is currently August 18th, 2017, 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 11:24 am 

Membership Status: Regular Member
A group of PBS members are headed to Ontario Canada for a TWO week black bear hunt this coming fall. You read that correctly, it's not 1 week but 2 week hunt. There will be some excellent fishing as well. This is a specially negotiated 14 day Archery hunt

Dates: Hunts run from Sat. to Sat., Aug 22 - Aug 29 and Aug 29 - Sept 5, 2015. Note: You may choose to hunt 1 week only, either the 1st or the 2nd week, however, the price remains the same, advance notice is required so float plane transportation can be arranged.

The camp web site is listed below, again, for the sake of clarity…please direct your questions to me.

You will note in the web site that although this is a very remote camp, it's advertised as the Northern most in Ontario, it has satellite service for computers, telephones, and TV.

I negotiated the price of $2795 for BOTH weeks. Price includes license, round trip transportation via float plane from Nakina, Ontario and all meals while in camp.

The web site lists the regular price for a 7 day bear hunt at $2995, that price DOES NOT include the license which was $235.96 in 2014. So the normal price for a 7 day hunt is $3230.96

I fished this camp for trophy Northern Pike and Walleye with my son in 2013. I began fishing remote Canadian lakes in 1974; I rate this camp in the top 2 for numbers of fish and #1 for trophy size. You will see some very impressive fish pictures on the web site; mind you the camp is relatively new, in existence only 5 years. Pike fishing is strictly 100% catch and release. It is primarily a fishing camp but the area has very good numbers of mature big game animals, again check out the web site.

I suggest arriving in Nakina, Ontario on Friday the day before the hunt. This allows you to rest and get a night’s sleep before flying into camp. Room rates are about $40 each. The float plane base is a very short drive from the motel, as I recall only a mile or two. The flight into camp is just over 1 hour.

To reserve your spot, a non-refundable deposit of $1400 is required. There will only be a total of 6 hunters and we have all but one of those spots filled. So don't delay.

If you are interested please email or PM me and I will get you in touch with Ron.

Additionally this camp should produce some very big bears. In 2013 they had to kill a bear that would not stay out of camp that measured 7'. I can email a picture of that bear if you would like to see it. It was killed with a shotgun by the camp owner.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 7:55 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
This sure sounds like a great hunt but not one that I am able to do this year.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 8:08 pm 

Sorry but cannot see the name of the camp on your post, could you list it for us.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2015, 10:39 am 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Camp Web site http://www.eddienorth.com Again PLEASE do not contact the camp but either myself or Rob.

Note; Rob & I will be in the FL keys with our brides for the next week so our replies may be delayed.

Ron

PostPosted: March 14th, 2015, 6:33 pm 

Thank you Ron, much appreciated.