It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: March 5th, 2015, 6:21 am 

Membership Status: Regular Member
You don't know what you're missing!!! It's been almost a year since Cincinnati and I'm still thinking back at what an awesome event it was for me and how it really opened my eyes to how special the PBS and it membership really is. I was a member a few years ago, but didn't rally "get it". I rejoined in '12 and followed all the adventures and fun on this site, but what really got my was the gathering. I met many members, attended some great seminars, bought some cool stuff and made some good friends. St. Augustine is a year away, Start making plans and saving now, you wont regret it!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: March 5th, 2015, 6:22 pm 

What Sean said. I was sick as a dog and still had a great time.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2015, 7:03 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Alicia, her mother and I are really gonna try for St. Augustine. AL will be living in SC and my wife Lisa and I should be able to make a combined vacation out of it.

AL's Navy orders aren't firm yet but we're pretty sure about Beaufort SC. I might have to give up a hunt for it but I really want to be apart of this gathering.

Good post Sean.....

PostPosted: March 6th, 2015, 6:01 pm 

Yea, Terry, You weren't doing so hot, but you still stepped up and did a seminar and sold hats and shirts!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and the family Duane!!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 7:08 am 

Don't know yet if I'll make St Aug, but the gathering of PBS people is a major highlight in my life. What started with a pencil and $25 has become something that helped shape my sporting life and led me to so many great people and adventures. That $25 was an investment like no other, and will pay dividends until I punch out.

Cinci was a real joy for me. I can only imagine how much fun will be had in Florida!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 8:55 am 

Just being around you guys, is a real JOY. I'd have to be in pretty dire straights to miss one of these!!!!!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 8:27 pm 

Gentlemen. This place is fantastic. If it was double the $129 room rate (includes free internet and airport shuttle) we have it would be worth it. Your wives are going to love it and it has the perfect layout for all our needs. The vendors will be happiest of all...an easy in/easy out loading dock right IN their designated theatre. We've had very productive meetings and laying things out. Having Chef Cory setting up the meals is fantastic. Count on improved auctions and smooth evenings...

Lock it in! We've got a lot planned and a lot to prepare but I am looking forward to a grand time with all of you!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2015, 9:24 pm 

Airport shuttle included??? Would that be from Jacksonville Airport? Looks like my wife will be joining me this time.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 12:25 am 

Mmmm.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 6:54 am 

Mike Vines wrote:
Airport shuttle included??? Would that be from Jacksonville Airport? Looks like my wife will be joining me this time.

Yes, Jacksonville--there will be shuttles for peak periods; there will be more details on that. There is also a smaller airport in St. Augustine (NE Florida International) that the hotel has 24/7 service to.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 8:58 am 

Haven't seen Gary on here in a while but that place was his suggestion. Glad it is going to be what he said it would! Can't wait....

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 12:11 pm 

I have no clue as to how we will get there or how long we will stay. With the change in the traditional dates it won't fall on our spring break so we cannot pull Ian out of school for a week (but we will be pulling him out of school) ;)

Its close enough we can be there in 12 hrs if we drive and truthfully, even though its only a 2.5 hr flight,1 hr drive to the airport from my house, 2 hrs early arrival at the airport, 2.5 hr flight, 1.5-2 hr gathering of luggage and catching a ride to the hotel, time savings isn't much and a couple tanks of gas each way in the Denali will most likely be substantially cheaper than 3 plane tickets for us and the two tickets the Gennick's would be buying as they will most likely be traveling with us.

Probably do an early departure and roll into St Augustine late afternoon, early evening.

This is all dependent on if we can arrange somebody to stay with our 2 year old grandson that we have custody of (oldest daughter's baby) since our youngest daughter will be a freshman at DePauw university next year and Ian will be with us.

I know, my life is now like a soap opera, lol--- It is what it is ;)

Oh, and Russell, I'll try and top the clown car analogy in St Augustine.

Last edited by P.J. Petiniot on March 9th, 2015, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 1:00 pm 

That one will be hard to top, my friend. But maybe Ian can help you come up with something... No doubt!

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 8:39 pm 

Steve is correct. One of the best venues I have seen. Kevin and PJ the council took a unanimous vote and you guys are required to attend. Just wouldn't be the same without ya.
Norm

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 9:34 pm 

Norm Johnson wrote:
Steve is correct. One of the best venues I have seen. Kevin and PJ the council took a unanimous vote and you guys are required to attend. Just wouldn't be the same without ya.
Norm

Hear that Kev, Norm said the council is paying our way :lol:

I will be there along with Leslie and Ian. Ian told me just today that we need to bring his grandmother and our grandson (Ian's little nephew) along with us as well. Ian also said I should get a suite large enough so that he can have his own bed as he doesn't want to share one with anybody and he doesn't really like sleeping on a sofa bed--

I am afraid I am raising a diva---

Last edited by P.J. Petiniot on March 10th, 2015, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 8:55 am 

Lol :lol: Pj! I really beginning to like Ian. Sounds like my kinda boy. If Wes can make, maybe we can chip in together and get them two a room to share with 2 queen size beds.

I think my wife and I are going to take the entire week and have a little fun in the sun either before or after the banquet.

Even if you have made it to a banquet before, you don't want to miss this one. It is shaping up to be the best banquet ever.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 8:48 pm 

HA, nice try PJ! After spending alot of time in Indiana this last year I have alot of respect for anyone who calls this home. This state either tries to melt me with stifling heat and humidity or freezes my nostrils shut with the cold. Have to fly back to Oregon Friday. Weather not too bad this trip!
cheers, Norm

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 8:19 am 

This is a fantastic site -- Gary and Julian, great suggestion!

Wife Holly and I stayed a few more days to check out things to do, the list seems endless. Some great natural areas to visit -- hiked some, kayaked others and saw a lot of the swamp critters in the area. Didn't get chance to check out the fishing but have some leads....plus Floridians like Don Davis can give the scoop on that. Some excellent food too...perfect for a weight gaining program!

PostPosted: March 13th, 2015, 7:11 am 

Norm Johnson wrote:
HA, nice try PJ! After spending alot of time in Indiana this last year I have alot of respect for anyone who calls this home. This state either tries to melt me with stifling heat and humidity or freezes my nostrils shut with the cold. Have to fly back to Oregon Friday. Weather not too bad this trip!
cheers, Norm

You have to be tough to live here Norm--

You should have stayed here an extra day. Yesterday it was 64, sunny and BEAUTIFUL.

So goes March in the Hoosier state.

It could snow, sleet, and get warm enough for shorts all within a 12 hour period.

If you come back in the fall, we can probably arrange a whitetail encounter or two--

October can be anywhere from 20 to 80 degrees F. lol--

PostPosted: March 13th, 2015, 7:15 am 

Jim Akenson wrote:
This is a fantastic site -- Gary and Julian, great suggestion!

Wife Holly and I stayed a few more days to check out things to do, the list seems endless. Some great natural areas to visit -- hiked some, kayaked others and saw a lot of the swamp critters in the area. Didn't get chance to check out the fishing but have some leads....plus Floridians like Don Davis can give the scoop on that. Some excellent food too...perfect for a weight gaining program!

I can't wait for this banquet. We would undoubtedly spend an entire week there if it was held the traditional week, as that has always coincided with Spring break here in our town. This banquet will be a couple weeks early so I most likely won't take Ian out of school for that long, even though I am certain he would get more of a quality education at a PBS function than a week in a 5th grade classroom.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2015, 8:29 am 

Tracy and I are really looking forward to this!