Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: March 15th, 2011, 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Membership Status: Life Member
Hogdancer
PBS Member
Member # 80

posted December 26, 2010 07:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any thoughts on what y'all have in mind for goals and or resolutions for this upcoming year?
I have a few that I have kind of been thinking of.
First is I want an elk ! this is my year, I just know it !
Second, I want to hunt more with my longbow, I shot one for about 15 years before I picked up my recurve but never felt as competant with it, so want to put the time in to get better.
Third, I want to involve my kids more.
Anyone else ?

--------------------
"I am opposed to the theory of doing wrong that good may come of it. I hold to the belief that you must act right whatever the consequences." ~ Robert E. Lee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen
PBS Member
Member # 178

posted December 26, 2010 07:27 PM
Whitetails-wherever-whenever...

--------------------
Try and be the person that your dog thinks you are...

John Vargo
PBS Member
Member # 25

posted December 26, 2010 11:01 PM
I want to shoot a big ole nasty Texas boar hog before Hogdancer gets them all! I booked the twins first hunt so I will have a chance.

Kevin Dice
PBS Member
Member # 1160

posted December 27, 2010 06:56 AM
Getting better. I need to spend WAAAYYYYY more time shooting, especially from elevated positions. Seems that this has been my resolution the last 2 years, and each time some kind of health issue has reared up to thwart me. Well, no more. I dropped bow weight, increased arrow weight, and need to wear out my target.
Kevin
Oh, that and loose 30 pounds ;^)

Hogdancer
PBS Member
Member # 80

posted December 27, 2010 08:32 AM
well John, I'll see you there, I'll try and save some for you !

--------------------
"I am opposed to the theory of doing wrong that good may come of it. I hold to the belief that you must act right whatever the consequences." ~ Robert E. Lee

Terry Receveur

PBS Publicity Chairman
Member # 3

posted December 27, 2010 09:52 AM
Video my son shooting a big old wide butted bear in Manitoba.

--------------------
"Dad when can we go bear hunting?" - My 15 year old daughter Jennifer!

Curveman

PBS Member
Member # 374

posted December 27, 2010 06:16 PM
Practice during the winter-at least once a week! I'm a skier and it usually comes spring before I think of picking up the bow again!

--------------------
NRA Life Member

John Vargo
PBS Member
Member # 25

posted December 27, 2010 08:01 PM
Dang Hogdancer...you pig killing machine you! Well, if things are slow maybe you will let us Iowa boys pose for pictures with one of your hogs...for a slight fee of course.

Owlgrowler
PBS Member
Member # 1472

posted December 31, 2010 04:08 PM
Losing about 10 pounds and getting fitter.

Then breaking the news to the accountant/bookkeeper/budget maker/wife that I'm spending some money on hunting this year and from here on out. I'm 55, I got more hunting behind me than in front of me. Then I'm applying to WY for elk, the kid lives in Jackson, epicenter to a boatload o' elk, and then applying to MT for deer. And I'm sure I'll do a bit of hunting for whitetails around home.

John3

PBS Member
Member # 48

posted December 31, 2010 04:39 PM
To bowhunt more..! Work and family need their proper attention but after them to not make any other excuses not to be in the woods.

I am expected in South Dakota for round three of my Antelope quest... We'll see in August, 2011...

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Tom Kidwell

PBS Member
Member # 103

posted December 31, 2010 05:22 PM
I would resolve myself to buy one more bow... I think it would kind of balance things out in my office.

--------------------
PBS
Compton - Life Member

Steve Hohensee

Administrator
Member # 44

posted December 31, 2010 07:20 PM
New Years Resolution #1: Keep "The Big O" from getting eaten by a bear!

Steve Hohensee

Administrator
Member # 44

posted December 31, 2010 09:10 PM
New Years Resolution #2: Keep Doctor Pinney from getting eaten by a bear AGAIN.....for about the eighth or tenth year.

Steve Hohensee

Administrator
Member # 44

posted January 02, 2011 08:27 PM
New Years Resolution #3: Arrow a Dall ram! (I would gladly replace either NY Resolution #1 or #2 with NY Resolution #3, sorry guys!)

Monte Dunaway
PBS Member
Member # 68

posted January 02, 2011 09:11 PM
Ted,
I see you have an "empty" spot on the bottom of your bow rack!

Cory Mattson
PBS Member
Member # 38

posted January 04, 2011 07:51 PM
Steady and continue - 2 days a week is good - for Deer , Turkeys , Stingrays.
Would like to take my daughter to Blackbeard Island with a couple close friends.
I shoot big boar hogs all the time - HA !
<><
<---------------<<<<<<<

--------------------
< <-------------------<<<<<<<

bowhunter

PBS Member
Member # 164

posted January 13, 2011 08:15 AM
Find out who owns that creek bottom on the back side of my whitetail hunting property and get permission to hunt it.

--------------------
Dan

bowhunter

PBS Member
Member # 164

posted January 13, 2011 08:17 AM
#2 Kill a big elk in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

#3 Kill a bigger buck than Dianne.

--------------------
Dan

George Stamps
PBS Member
Member # 2087

posted January 17, 2011 09:05 PM
Want to hunt elk. Lifelong dream that I can't see happening...ever.

--------------------
"I never miss sometimes I just hit something I wasn't aiming at." My daughter Brittany.

Steve Hohensee

Administrator
Member # 44

posted January 17, 2011 09:50 PM
$10 and a little luck George!

John Vargo
PBS Member
Member # 25

posted January 17, 2011 10:15 PM
...to get in front of Biggie and the Twins at the Thursday evening buffet line in Portland in 2012.

Kevin Bahr
Councilman-at-Large
Member # 4

posted January 18, 2011 04:00 AM
Good luck, John.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 9:09 am 

This may be a bit of a ressurection but here are my goals...
I will be hunting in state only (SD) this year, first time in a long time. I need to stick around for a year to help out my wife. We will have two children under 2. I better stick around for one season! ;)

Another top scoring SCI gobbler or two to add to my top 4!
P&Y Antelope
P&Y Muley
P&Y Whitetail
P&Y Elk if I draw

All done in state. We will see what happens.

Profile Send private message