It is currently October 20th, 2017, 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 7:41 pm 

Membership Status: Regular Member
I know many of you can spin a yarn and take some pics, I would like you to take some or all of your hunting adventures you have posted on this site and others, Break them down into manageable short pieces to post on the facebook page. Steve H's story that he posted in a 5 part series was a huge hit and I would like to run one feature story every week. The length of the feature will depend on the story you submit.

I would like to run each submission for 3-5 days. I would like to have a photo that goes along with each section of the story. If you are intimidated by the thought of breaking the story down into smaller parts, fear not, I can and will help you.

I want to build a data base of adventures to run ever week for ever and ever.

KD, KB, JH, SH, MV, RH, BB and many more have all posted interesting stuff and adventures on this site, tradgang etc.

If I can get a database of 52 short stories/adventures, we have a year's worth of great content.

I am not asking really, I am sort of requesting that all of you that have already done this, just help me format it to put on social media, Steve's single story caused our FB page followers to jump a hundred members in a single week and the large dose of likes and positive comments from people that are not PBS members was very enlightening. I really think if we keep doing this every week, we will start to gain new members from the effort. We are starting to get more dedicated, adventuresome bowhunters and that will eventually translate into new members.

P.J.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Membership Status: Life Member
I volunteer Ronnie Herman's last year pig story.

It will segue beautifully into this years pig stories on down the line.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 12:14 am 

I was on a FB hiatus, but after reading your post PJ, I went back active tell my bear hunting story from last year. as told in the publication last fall. I'm just breaking it up into segments and will get thru it in a few days. Hopefully it will spark some to inquire about membership.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 1:27 pm 

There has been a slight communication breakdown.

When I said that "I" want to create a data base of submissions, I really am in the process of creating this data base.

We have a format and procedure regarding what days, what times these are to be submitted as well how the message is presented.

Please, do not post these submissions to our facebook page, send them to me and we will ensure they fit our format, do any editing of text and photos and continue to keep the message moving forward on a regularly scheduled interval .

You give us the information/story/photos and we package it in a manner that fits with the message/messages that the Publicity Committee / Bowhunting Preservation Committee and council intends to put forth.

Thank you for your understanding and start sending me some more stories-- ;)

Thanks Mike for stepping up--

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 1:40 pm 

Fully understood PJ. I've posted 2 segments and have one more to go. Already had a guy sign up from my posting (according to his post) from his readings of the first segment. Pull my 2nd segment AFTER you copy it and do as you wish with it. I'll put the final segment together and send it to you to do as you wish.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2015, 10:34 am 
Site Admin

I can write up something from the just-finished GA hog hunts and my WY elk hunt last fall.

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”

PostPosted: February 16th, 2015, 11:04 am 

So you want me to stop posting my little photo essays?

PostPosted: February 16th, 2015, 9:08 pm 

Dan, I'm enjoying your photo essays.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 12:16 am 

Dan,

The photos are great and a fantastic addition to the page. We need to continue and have a system for posting such items on the page for a simple reason, If we just arbitrarily bombard the page with content some days and then nothing new on others, there is no flow or consistency.

The Publicity committee wants there to be fresh content on the sight regularly and truthfully, I want one solid, quality post every day. My vision is to have one quality hunting adventure each and every week. I am also lining up a quality wild game or camp dish/recipe for the site every week as well as a piece of bowhunting/archery or PBS history and then a photo essay.

Adventure pieces will generally be 2-5 days, recipe a day, history/info piece a day and the remaining days with quality photos.

We want people checking in to see what is new every day, but we don't want the day's quality post to get lost in the shuffle, if that makes any sense.

I guess my answer is two fold-Yes, I would like to see quality photo essays continue, but I want to control the pace and frequency of the posts so we don't allow any of our content to get lost in the shuffle.

P.J.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 10:23 am 

Roger all. So I send them to you? FB PM or what's the CONOPS? I am also planning to write up a couple of adventures from our past hunting experiences. I have some pretty good pics to go with them but I was thinking of sending them to the Quarterly but shouldn't this tuff go in all three spots/places? Maybe a photo essay thing in the Quarterly taken from FB or the website and some of the Website pics and stories go in the quarterly? It seems like we have a lot of resources going right now? Just tell me how you want it fed in to the grist mill.

For what ever its worth, I have a lot of interest in PBS right now. Guys I've been recruiting literally for years are now talking very positively about the Society. They seem disillusioned with Tradbang and P&Y and they see the PBS member hunts and the Regional Rep deal and they like it. Lots of new guys from FB too. Seven this week. They link up and ask lots of great questions concerning the Society. We will see if they actually sign up.

and Mike V....your bear story rocks. :D

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 3:49 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
I like the direction this is headed as well. Thanks for putting all the time into this. It seems to be working.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2015, 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Membership Status: Life Member
I suspect that Peej still needs a few of you to step up!

Until that time I reconditioned one of my old tall-tales into a 4 part installment and shipped it off to Peej today.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2015, 8:34 pm 

Guess I'm gong to have to geton Facebook now!!

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 9:40 am 
Site Admin

I am writing up my 2014 elk hunt in 4 segments and will send it to Peej with supporting photos this weekend.

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 9:52 am 

Thanks Jeff--