It is currently September 19th, 2017, 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: February 10th, 2015, 5:44 pm 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Monty called me this morning just to chat for a while. I think he's about worn out from signing and shipping so many books in a week's time. If I recall, he went through about 250 books at Kalamazoo alone. Humble as ever, he is grateful that people want his book so much. He was a bit frustrated over the website delay, but I told him "The last thing anyone expects Monty Browning to be good at is operating a website!"

More hunting adventures ahead.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2015, 9:39 pm 

I talked with Mr. Monty last night and am anxiously awaiting my book!!! I don't see how this book can be anything but amazing. I've always said, Monty could talk to a room full of peta nuts and have them sitting on the edge of their seats!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 6:34 pm 

Got mine today. Can't wait to start enjoying...

PostPosted: February 12th, 2015, 8:23 pm 

My #99 was waiting for me when I got home. I'm a very proud owner. We are very fortunate to be a pet of Monty Browning's world.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 10:07 am 

Membership Status: Life Member
Mine showed up yesterday, #49. Steve O., I forgot to ask for #99 as I normally do (an old football number thing). It certainly appears to be everything I could hope for in a book!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power." -Ephesians 6:10
"Be Bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." - Goethe
"A lot of the physical is mental" - IronMind

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Because of a snafu in my order, I am the proud owner of not one but TWO of these books! I love it so far, it looks like a wonderful read and I especially like how Monte gives glory to God abundantly in the book. I am saving the book for an upcoming weekend volleyball tournament in Atlanta, when I will have plenty of time to read.

Annie told me to just keep the second book instead of returning it, but instead I will be donating it to the PBS, probably for the upcoming Appalachian regional gathering/shoot in Baltimore.

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 1:04 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Placed my order earlier this week so awaiting my copy.

Looking forward to it very much. Might be my book to read at camp in June when chasing bears in Sask. :)

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 7:06 pm 

as soon as I opened it I knew this was going to be a very special book, All the photographs are excellent and just reading the forward, you can tell this is a very special book by a very special man that really has his head in the right place.. i own a heck of a lot of bowhunting books but this one really stands out, and one that i am proud to own.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 10:01 pm 

Received 84 of 100 today. Thumbed through it reading the scriptures he chose for each chapter and its connection...admired the photography....waiting for perfect time to start the read with no distractions. I may need to a regular copy to actually carry on my bear hunt in Sask..which hopefully will be my last bear hunt too...and put the limited edition in my collection next to a few other special books.

Very happy.... and a copy may need to be purchased as gift for nephew. He met Mr. Browning at the NCTAR and Compton Shoot in NC last year. Monty gave him some raffle tickets and a years membership in Comptons...he won a bow from Ed Scott that weekend as well. :) He was amazed at Monty's hunting adventure tales told that weekend.

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 12:01 am 

I received my leather bound copy (#77) today and have already started reading it! Sure is a beautiful book!

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 2:16 pm 

#83 showed up at my house yesterday. Sorry Ron :lol:

It's everything a Monty fan could have hoped for....

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 9:55 pm 

Buy this book if you haven't!

I received my copies and today with my wife babysitting for my daughter and time on my hand, I opened up his book and literally never put the book down until I was finished. This book is amazing, from the stories to the photography and timely scripture he has added. Maybe it is my age, but you know when you meet someone if they are the "real deal." You only have to read his exploits, or hear him speak; I truly believe he is one of the best story tellers of our time, and one can simply admire the genuine nature of this "Bowhunter".

I sent an email to Monty stating; When I read in the forward of your book... "My hat is off to the hard working dads out there that take seriously their God given duties of raising and providing for their sons and daughters while sacrificing that far away hunt or adventure." I can tell you that I choked back my emotions and felt a tear.

What a wonderful gift he has given us and what a role model and spokesperson for PBS.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 4:09 pm 

Kevin Dill wrote:
Joe and others:

I know for certain that Monty is making his way south but the snowfall certainly slowed or delayed his travel from Kalamazoo. I dropped him a message on his cell phone but am sure he won't call me until later this week. The things I know for sure is that they accept cash, personal checks, money orders and plastic. I don't know what telephone number they're using for orders, so will find out and let you know. The standard edition is $65 and the leather is $100. I don't know if that covers shipping, BUT I suppose a guy could always drop a check or mo in the mail and get on the list faster. Knowing Monty and Annie, I would probably send them a signed check and let them fill in the numbers...but that's me.

Monty Browning
123 Todds Creek Rd
Central, SC. 29630

Just follow KD's advice/directions. The book arrived in MT in 10 days from the day I sent the check.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 9:18 pm 

I was on the verge of ordering this book,and to my surprise my good friend and neighbor Jack Paluh had an extra and gave it to me this evening.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 9:43 pm 

I got #85 on Friday. It's everything I knew it would be, plus so much more. It should be in every serious bowhunters library.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 11:16 pm 

I have #78. Hey Tim, Jack Paluh is a favorite. Bring him out with you!

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 6:08 am 

I recall thinking that 100 limited editions would be gone in short time, and I wanted PBS guys to have a good crack at them. I suspect there are either no or extremely few of these left to sell. #1 went to Monty's long-time hunting partner Bob Nancarrow. Interestingly, I was told there is a #0 book and it went to a very special man who has spent a lifetime supporting traditional bowhunting values.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 4:40 pm 

I emailed Annie on Monday and she put one aside for me. I sent the check off yesterday.
This will be a good read. I love listening to Monty talk. I've only met him briefly a couple times but he is the nicest guy.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 6:27 pm 

#39 arrived in the mail today. WOW! Interestingly enough I was 39 years old when I began my journey with a traditional bow. Monty's words in the Forward and Introduction resonate and are no doubt the beginning to a wonderful read. Thank You Monty for sharing your passion for life. I'm am truly looking forward to walking in your footsteps through the pages of this book.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 7:16 am 

Today is my birthday i turned 35 so I just bought myself a gift I was shooting for #35 or 21
Can't wait to get my copy

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 8:42 pm 

Spent some time with Monty & Annie at the Michigan Traditional Bowhunter's banquet this past weekend. Annie informed me that only 9 leather-bound limited edition books were left. Don't miss out...

Attachment:
20150221_213436 (2).jpg
20150221_213436 (2).jpg [ 823.39 KiB | Viewed 2631 times ]

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 8:05 am 

I have been enjoying Monty's book. The hard part is trying to hold myself to one chapter per night. I don't want to run through it to fast.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 8:44 am 

Ordered a second copy yesterday....to actually read. Want to keep the signed leather bound version nice and will carry the regular version to read with me on a hunt if it lasts that long in wrapper...if not I am sure I can find another book to carry to read. :) Looking at the pictures has my interest highly piqued already.

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 10:13 am 

Membership Status: Life Member
Got my limited edition book last week. Figured Monty could use a few extra $$ from the sale of the limited book to fund his next adventure.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 6:54 pm 

Finished reading it today. Just when I think Africa isn't really for me, I have to read about Monty's buff hunts. This book is probably going to cost me much more than a Ben Franklin some day. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 6:56 pm 

Got my leather bound copy yesterday.
I just started reading it. I'm going to take my time and savor this. It looks outstanding.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 11:14 am 

I ordered a leather copy but Ihave been in AZ and now TX since Christmas. I didn't want to take a chance with shipping and having the book end up in a snow bank until I returned so I had Monty ship it to my hunting partner who is stuck at home recovering from back surgery. He is enjoying it during my absence and i can't wait to read it when I return. Based on everything I've heard I have no doubt it is an instant classic.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 12:05 pm 

I spoke with Monty last evening and he let me know that the leather bound limited edition books are sold out. Hope you were able to get one.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 10:02 pm 

Yep I got mine...now waiting on my REGULAR edition to actually read and then pass to my nephew for his little bowhunting collection I started him on a couple years ago every birthday and christmas. :)

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: March 4th, 2015, 8:11 pm 

Got my second book today. WOW!

I bought the leather bound as a collectible...then ordered the other to read and share with nephew and others. I half expected a plain hardback ...even just a nice softback with color pictures.

I get the package and it is the same size as the limited edition...I think, "uh oh, Monty sent me another limited edition...I will need to send this back so someone else can get it."

I open the double wrapped shipping...and it is a beautiful full color dust jacket with an equally beautiful color hard cover. WOW....full color inside on heavy paper...there is no reason to be disappointed and this REGULAR book edition is in fact one that MANY would consider a SPECIAL EDITION just from the quality.

Then I sit down to read it for first time....I get to the INTRODUCTION where Monty writes about what bowhunting is to him. I was in awe... Though his mentioned grizzly instead of black bear or feral wild boars....icy Alaskan rivers instead of icy fast moving Georgian rivers....fur trimmed Arctic faces of a child instead of the stocking cap wearing face of my nephew......the feelings, the thoughts, the expression touched me...and reminded me of all the multitude of thoughts and emotions that go through me in the great outdoors even if I go home with tag-soup.

Never have I had that experience and not yet gotten through the Introduction...I have had a couple that really touched me such as E. Donnel Thomas LONGBOW COUNTRY or Mittens- One with the Wilderness or Charlie Lambs- A Bowhunters Tales.

Monty.....bravo sir! I am going to slow down and savor this read to taste and smell every nuance in your writing. Thank you for a book that has already exceeded my expectations.

USAF (Retired)