It is currently October 16th, 2017, 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Iowa Deer Season
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 7:19 am 

Membership Status: Life Member
Yesterday was opening day. The morning was dark, cool and very, very wet. Glad I had to work so I didn't have to come up with a pansy excuse for not going. The rain quit for the afternoon. Still dark and dreary with a great SE wind. Then.... the sun broke through and the heat shot up. Mosquitos were intolerable. My thermo-cell was safely stored in my truck a mile away. I escaped after only 45 minutes without screwing up the spot. On another note, saw maybe 18 different squirrels. Never have I seen such a huge acorn crop. Every oak loaded and the sound of them hitting the ground is like hail. Walking to your stand is like walking on marbles. Plenty more 'corns in the trees yet, too. I wonder how the huge acorn crop will effect the hunting in coming weeks? Food is everywhere.... corn, beans, alfalfa, acorns, browse of all kinds, etc.
Good luck to all and be safe. Shoot 'em where you want.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Iowa Deer Season
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 8:08 am 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Gene,
I went for a hike looking for turkeys. Understand about the mosquitos. They drove me out.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 8:42 am 

Membership Status: Regular Member
Gene Hall wrote:
Never have I seen such a huge acorn crop. Every oak loaded and the sound of them hitting the ground is like hail. Walking to your stand is like walking on marbles. Plenty more 'corns in the trees yet, too. I wonder how the huge acorn crop will effect the hunting in coming weeks?

Mother Nature's way of fattening up the critters before a bad winter. That is one of the things my 104 year old grandma used to teach us. She died in 1990. Can you imagine the amount of change she experienced and saw in that timeframe?

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 9:19 am 

Getting anxious to head out this weekend. Hope to shoot one with an apple or pear in its mouth. The first two weeks of the season are usually reserved for putting a few does in the freezer. Saw a lot of 2.5 yr old bucks and passed them late last fall. Passed a very nice 150" 5x5 that was a young buck. Should be a good season. Lost a few deer to EHD last season, otherwise its business as usual with plenty of deer in the area.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 9:48 am 

Jealous Michigander with 4 points wishing all you Iowa boys the best of luck. Be safe and aim true! Looking forward to the updates to this one.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 4:54 pm 

I lasted about from 4:30 to 7:00. Figured the deer would see me swatting the bugs long before they were in range so I packed it in. On a side note had about 6 turkeys walk by...somehow they pegged me. Its amazing I didn't even blink and they saw something.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 8:55 pm 

Weather supposed be cold and windy Friday and Saturday. Just bought my tags yesterday ;) no sense waiting to the last minute. Going out Saturday, got volunteered for chain gang unit for my grandson's football game on Sunday.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014, 9:08 pm 

Man, I loved working the chain gang...best seats in the house.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 7:48 pm 

Good luck Fellas. I learned the hard way not to drive through Iowa just before game time!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 8:47 pm 

I too have a great view. I am the umpire(stand by the linebackers) on a crew. Get knocked to the ground sometimes but its a way to buy bows. Right now I have a Holm made recurve on order.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 9:30 am 

Cool weather for the opening weekend (lows in the upper 30's for southeast Iowa). Apple and pear trees are full. Decent red oak mast crop. Saw about 15 deer on Saturday and 3 Sunday am. Saw a tiny buck with 2" spike antlers. Looked like a fawn but no spots on his back. Saw young buck with forked antlers with spots on his back. Exceptional development and body size for a fawn buck! Saw decent 8 point buck (115" class) at close range. Needs another 2 years of "seasoning". Missed an easy shot at a doe Saturday evening. Uncle Gene shot better and took out a bean eater Saturday pm.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2014, 1:44 pm 

Saturday morning was cold and gray. A strong NW wind put the wind chill into the mid 20's. Passed a 'gimme" shot at a mature doe from a stand I named the "tuning fork". She was all by her lonesome. She was mighty thin. I suppose she was old and on the downhill slide... like many of us. Anyway, she was not the doe I had hoped for so I let her walk. Saw three other does with fawns, but no shots presented. Several good rubs showing up as well as a couple of field edge scrapes. No crops being harvested up my way, but with dry weather forecast for this week the beans should come out in a hurry.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 1:21 pm 

Update from this past weekend:

Saturday evening there was a due north wind blowing so I could not hunt the clover plot where I wanted to sit. Instead I sat in a new stand, watching deer heading to Lee and Tiffany's soybean field (unpicked). The tree is a locust with no limb cover. I am about 17" from platform to ground. Deer circle the ridge prior to entering the field and pass 10 yards to the right. (Lean over and shoot for left hand shooter.) I sit there for 1.5 hrs and see nothing other than a flock of turkeys in the bean field 100 yards away. Starting to cool down and I am only wearing a single base layer shirt so I take my other shirt out of my pack, sit down, and take off the harness. Just as I was finishing up putting on the shirt and with my safety harness down around my ankles, I just happen to look off to my right. There on the trail, less than 15 yards away and perfectly broadside is a really nice, mature 4x4 with some sticker points coming off the main tines. The antlers were amber-colored. Very nice shooter buck, probably score in the mid-140's with very heavy bases. I turn on my camera and point it ahead 10 yards to record the shot and manage to stand and push the seat back without being seen. By now he is about 20 yards away heading for the beans but I still have one more shooting lane left. I reach and grab my bow with knocked arrow, hanging on a bow holder, and he sees the motion. He locks up and stares at my silhouette and finally leaves, heading back from where he came. Had I been standing as I was 5 minutes prior to him showing up, I could have easily grabbed my bow, leaned over and shot him as he passed by on the trail. You would think I would had learned my lesson, but being a bowhunter I am pretty damn stubborn. Sat down to rest after standing for awhile and glanced off to the trail and here's a big, fat doe just off to the side. By the time I turn on the camera, stand, and grab my bow, she comes to the place where the buck spooked earlier. She smells his "danger" scent and spooks, running off through the woods blowing. About 30 minutes prior to dark I see a small sapling shaking about 100 yards away on one of my mowed walking trails. A different big buck is working a scrape. The mowed trail goes right in front of the stand I am in. He starts heading my way. Finally, I got the advantage! I grab my bow, focus the camera on where I plan to shoot him on the trail and get ready. He is a very high-racked 4x4, but no brow tines. Much longer tines than the earlier buck (G2 and G3 both over 10" long). I think he would score about 135-140" as a 3x3. He is slowly coming down the mowed trail like he is on a string. He gets 20-25 yards away and rather than continue on the trail that would give me a 10 yard shot directly in front of the stand, he takes a side trail heading to the beans. I refocus the camera and plan to shoot him in another 2-3 steps when he gets broadside. For no good reason, he sees my silhouette in the tree out of his side vision and locks in on me. He turns quartering towards me. I figure if I am quick enough I will have a 2-3 second window to shoot him when he pivots to leave. He pivots and takes a step turning him quartering away and stops for a final moment. I draw, shoot, and watch in bewilderment as my arrow passes an inch over his back, perfectly aligned with the vitals, thumping into a dead stump. He runs off snorting to all to avoid the bean field. Didn't really feel like dragging a big buck out of the woods and spending all night skinning him anyways.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 10:17 pm 

Loser :mrgreen:

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 4:23 pm 

Kick em when he's down Gene!!!!!

Here's my season so far:

Weekend 1: only hunted 2 afternoons, busy with other farm and hunting chores. One night (FRI) have to get off stand early so went on a doe mission/to a clover plot. Does there when arrived so I bumped them off with coyote call. In 20 minutes they were back. Yearling by me first then momma at 15 yards quarter to me. A few steps later broadside and magnus got her. 50 yards and down in the crp in sight, an easy recovery.Made it to the sons football game in time. Other night saw 3 does without fawns and a couple 1.5 bucks, 3 2.5 bucks a 135 inch 8 pt and a really nice 5x5 with an extra split brow. Really wide at least 22IS. Maybe pics of him a year and 2 year ago. He was at 70-80 yards under other stand which couldn't be hunted due to wind.

Weekend 2: coming

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 9:05 pm 

Things are picking up down here. Plenty of does and toy bucks but mature buck numbers are down for sure. I saw two really good bucks pestering a doe before dark last night at 60 yards. They were wheezing it up. Not chasing her but following her wherever she went and giving each other space. Tip of the week: If we get a rain right around Halloween, best be watching some internal scrapes right after the storm moves through. I've been taking an 8 year old neighbor kid with me several times. He is being given the "people shouldn't shoot animals" crap at school. I turned that right around for him. We had a good buck rip up a tree after I wheezed him to a frenzy a few days ago. The kid's eyeballs were the size of golf balls! Good stuff!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2014, 9:17 pm 

A sure way to support him and seal his interest in bowhunting!

PostPosted: October 27th, 2014, 12:37 pm 

Weekend 2: No arrows flung. Passed a few does, saw some small bucks.

Weekend 3: Friday farm stuff friday am didn't hunt. In evening hunted silo stand. Saw 6 doe and yearlings 1 glimpse of a good buck and a few small bucks. No shots. Off a bit early to football game. Sat am, I'm on acorn stand and Hunter my son is on twister. I see a few does early as well as a 120 inch 8 pt at 15 yards. Later a mature doe at 12 yards. Took her behind the front leg and watched her go down. Saw afew more does but one to drag out is enough. Hunter saw a few does but couldn't get lined up for a shot. Last year we doubled out of these two stands I was hoping for the same. Saturday evening. We both saw some small bucks and does I did see a 3 year old but small rack buck in the beans.
Sunday am. I was on silo, its a better am stand than evening. A few nice rubs around it up to 4 inch. Saw a couple does and 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks but nothing bigger. Passed some does. Hunter slept in, the morning before school workouts have him tired out.

Sunday pm: I'm on 160 east stand. Saw only 2 or 3 doe families but 6 0r 7 bucks. Mostly 1.5 year olds but also 2 2.5 or 3.5 year olds and one at last light working scrapes standing on his back legs. 140 inch 8 pt with stickers at 15 yards. Hunter was on the north east funnel stand. Prime spot. He has been shooting both his compound and recurve instinctive and fingers. The recurve was given to me by Lee, an elderly patient of many years who could no longer hunt but loved hearing the stories I related and reliving his hunts. Hunter says if he sees a doe its recurve time, buck its compound. I give him some grief but he shoots both well and I figure time will eventually cause the transition. At 4 pm I get an excited call, he shot a doe with recurve and it was a good hit. he marked the spot well and I tell him I'll meet at dark. Later he relates he saw 10 or so doe/yearling and passed some bucks up to 130. After dark we track. 70 yards and she is down. We never did locate his arrow but it did exit and was lost running. Happy dragging and pictures. This one was for you Lee see you down the road.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 10:45 am 

Thanks for sharing. This is awesome. It's great to hear about guys seeing and passing on deer up to 140". I've been hunting in New York for 8 years and have only seen one buck that would approach 140". Probably only seen two that will eclipse 100". Can't wait till next week when I'll be hunting Indiana.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 3:11 pm 

weekend 4: The time is getting right, more big buck activity. Fri pm, had to get off early due to son's football game. Before that however saw 4 or 5 doe/yearlings on clover. Its now 545, dark 640. I need to get down to get to the game, 15 minute jog out and 1.5 hour drive. I hear a deer cough in the timber so I wait a minute or two and out pops a buck. Can't see headgear yet but body speaks older deer. He,s now working a scrape pretty hard and on his rear legs working overhead branches. Down he comes. The scrape line comes right past me and he is on the second one. Still can't see horns but on he comes, veers into clover and its a 3.5 9pt 135 inch. Nice deer and he passes at 13 yards. When he's out of sight I coyote call topush off does and jog to truck to get to the game. They won and are now in playoffs so no more Fri off stand early. Then I find out game is Wed pm, thats my next afternoon off so I guess I will end that hunt early too.

Sat pm: hunted ivy alley. Old tree we hunted loaded with poison ivy hence the moniker. Calling for northeast wind, I know better than to rely on weather radio, so 3/4 to Logans stand(named by Berry W) realized wind was wrong and backtracked to ivy. Pushed some does from near stand. Saw a flock or two of turkeys there. Seems a good hatch this year. Alot of poults. Last few years turkey numbers down. Saw a kew more yearlings in clover then a 100 inch 8 pt pushes a doe out. Not in range. 40 minutes later nice buck far end of cornfield 120 yards away working scrapes. Grunted at him and surprisingly he heard me. Walks 10 yards and another scrape closer. Hes mature, huge neck that just seems to be an extension of his body. Probably 160 or 60"s rack, 5x5 with sticker on both G2. After the second scrape he faces the timber. I guessed he was going to leave and not continue doen the edge /scrapes so I wheezed. Didn't matter, off into the timber he went probably to the beans south.

Sun am: On 5 avenue stand. East southeast wind. Doe and 2.5 8 pt and 3.5 10 pt fairly early. Doe by at 12 yards so I zapped her. Down in sight. 10 pt comes by at same yardage 130 inch, passed.Nice mass, spread but short tined, hopefully he'll get bigger. A few more does later some in range but then a nice 5X5 across the draw from me 50 yards, finds the doe I shot and paws her and horns her. Stays near her and beds near her. High 140's but maybe 150. A short G4 on one side and shorter G2's than G3s hurt him. But he is a really mature deer big necked. Wasn't going to shoot him so just enjoyed the morning watching him and getting some video. Then motion catches my eye to southeast. Here comes a coyote walking. He's trailing a doe in the opposite direction she went. If he continue I'll have a 10 yard shot. At 10 yards I have my spot picked and am coming to draw but he starts to trot and now he is practically under me at 5 yards trotting. I release, he growls as the arrow hits his side. He runs huffing or growling at every bound. There is my arrow and I see no blood on it. I guess a very close miss as when I got off stand the shaft was cracked from probably passing just beneath him as he ran over it. Lucky dog. About this time the 5X5 gets up. Curious as to what went on and marches over to 10 yards, passed. The wind then became more SE and he finally catches my scent and heads off to the north. Now its time to get the doe out.

Sun eve: On NWNW stand. 2/3 mile from the 160 stand I was in and spotted a big 5x5 with another point on his brow, with 22 inside spread. This stand is a pain to get to, thick briar and some big washouts to get through but 3 big bucks in the area. Wind SE and gusty. Perfect. 50 min before dark a couple mature does without fawns cross from the bedding into standing corn. I'm anxious tonight for some reason, feels like somethings gonna happen. Its 30 minutes til dark and I catch movement to the southeast in the CRP/cedars. Its a mature buck heading for me. Visibility is limited due to cedars as well as late leaf drop. Binos come up and I only get a quick look and know what buck it is. Its the wide 5X5(6) from the 160 stand I saw a few weeks ago 2/3 mile away. He comes to 15 yards and scrapes away. Then I hear no more and I'm not sure if he walked off through CRP or if he is standing there. I never hear him enter the timber and pretty sure I would have. I figured he walked off south. About that time a yearling came from some where and it walks to where he was . After dark I coyote call and hear none run off. Thinking back 2 years ago while walking in during gun season to check camera, a wide young 2.5 or 3.5 5x5 walked in front of me. Guessing it was probably him as this area does not produce alot of deer that wide. Would make him 4.5-5.5 years. Was a good weekend.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2014, 5:26 pm 

Great stuff here! I've done plenty of whitetail hunting, but I've never experienced anything like that.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2014, 1:32 pm 

Wed pm 10 30 14: afternoon hunt saw 6 or 7 doe/yrlgs and a 2.5 8pt, only a yearling in range. Dogs roaming timber didn't help things. Didn't get off early for the playoff football game. Got there half time score them 14 us 7. 1 second left in game score 14 /14, they hit a field goal. Season over for my son. No more early offs for me.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2014, 10:13 am 

Started my vacation on Halloween. Friday morning was very cold and windy. Sat in one of my favorite stands. in a small finger draw in a cornfield which connects with a lot of timber. Not much moving except some squirrels. Got out the grunt tube and gave a few calls. About 20 minutes later caught some movement coming in my direction. A small buck was working my way. He got about 60 yds away and started looking around. The wind swirls in the draw pretty good. He stood there for a while then slowly turned and walked back the way he came. Not much else moving so got down and checked for some sign. Not much observed but the draw always gets better during the month. Slowly walked back to my camper, changed clothes and went to town to have some breakfast and pick up some supplies.

Then there is Halloween night.

Went to another of my best stands which is just inside the timber which covers a finger draw leading out into a neighbors farm. The finger draw has timber and lots of tall grass - Great for bedding and rutting activity.

More to come - my cinnamon rolls are done.
Can look out my window right now and see a doe bedded behind my garage. Gotta love it.

Back later with pics

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2014, 9:24 pm 

Hurry it up, dick weed.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 2:42 am 

Ok I will finish this I had a busier day than I thought.
I went to a different stand for Halloween night. The stand is in a large oak tree 25 yards off a fence line. I call this stand the beehive oak because of a large wasp nest found in a nearby tree a couple of years ago. The stand covers a hilltop and draw leading into the neighbors field. The neighboring field is a combined bean field with a tree studded grassy finger. A great bedding area. The stand is placed facing the timber with the tree between me and the neighbors field. The tree covers me from anything coming from the timber. Anything coming from the neighbors field will never see me until it is too late.
As I approached the stand site, 4 does and fawns jumped from the grass along the fence line and headed out across the field. I thought "There goes the evening" . I climbed into the stand and settled in for the set the wind was right for this stand. I did not see anything but a few squirrels. The wind which had been blowing fairly hard was calming down. About an hour before dark, I picked up the rattle bag and tried a sequence just to see if I could drum up some business. Nothing showed up.
At about 10 minutes to 6:00, I watched two deer running sky lighted across the neighboring field hill top. A few minutes later I could see another deer about a quarter mile away feeding in the bean field. As I am watching with binoculars, two deer coming running back into the grass farther beyond the first deer. I locate them with the binos but now they have become three. One of them is carrying what appears to be a good set of horns. Since there is not much time left before dark. I decide to try and rattle and see what happens. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I picked up the rattle bag and give a 15 sec sequence of rattling. I did not rattle very hard, just pretty much tickled the bag. By the time I set the bag down and picked up the binos to check on the buck, he was headed straight for me and had covered about half the distance. I quickly grabbed the bow and began to get ready. I checked again and he had stopped about 100 yards out. I picked up the grunt tube and gave one soft call. He started coming again. I lost sight of him as he went behind an oak tree branch with a lot of leaves still on it which blocked the view of the field. As I was watching the field, suddenly he jumped the fence and was walking straight to me. I thought "This is going to happen NOW!"
He walked straight to my tree and stopped broadside at 12 yds. I picked a spot and the next thing my arrow was buried fletches deep down through the deers back. He turned and burned back towards the fence. As he cleared the fence I could see my arrow sticking out center of the body midway down from his back on the opposite side. I knew it was a lethal hit. He ran hard alongside the grass in the bean field. I kept expecting him to go down anytime but he never slowed down. At about 200 yards he turned left into the grass near a large basswood tree cluster. I then lost sight of him.
I got settled down and took a deep breath. I got out the phone and called my wife to let her know I was going to be tracking a deer. After twenty minutes I climbed out of the tree to check on the blood trail before it got dark. I quickly found blood. When I got to the fence where he jumped it, my arrow was laying on some bushes coated in bright red blood. I followed the blood trail along the bean field. It was not hard to follow but there did not appear to be a lot of blood. The farther I followed it the less there seemed to be and it was getting dark. Where I thought he turned into the grass i could not find any blood. Several deer trails led into this grass in this area. By now it was dark and I had the flashlight out trying to sort out the blood trail. After several false starts, I finally found the right trail but the blood was down to a few drops and smears on dried grass. The deer had gone over 250 yards without stopping. He was making a half circle around the finger draw heading back towards the timber. I decided to call a friend and fellow PBS'er Gene Hall for some advice. We talked it over and decided it was probably a liver hit. If given more time he would bed down and be found. With his counsel and being by myself on the blood trail, I marked the spot with an arrow where I had last found blood and headed out across the grass and cross country back to my truck. As was supposed to be cold that night, if he was dead the meat would not be spoiled. My big concern was who would find the deer first - me or the coyotes.
I went back to my camper, had supper and made a couple of more telephone calls. My brother was coming to hunt with me in the morning and we would look then.
After spending a restless night trying to sleep and listening to coyotes howling, morning would find me back in the same stand. My bother had arrived and we would meet at around 9:00 am to begin looking for the deer. The morning was sunny, cold and still. The deer did not seem to be moving. I kept looking to the area where I had last seen the deer and where I had marked the trail. A couple of crows did land in tree close to where I had marked the last blood but showed no interest in anything.
At 8:45, I could not take it any longer and climbed down from my stand and headed over to where I had stopped searching. I got to where I last found blood and had marked the trail. I looked to my right and there lay the buck - dead. He had died on the run and was hidden by the grass and darkness not 15 feet from where I had stopped looking.
He was carrying only a 6 pt rack but his body was huge. He did not have any brow tines. I am guessing live weight at approximately 250 lbs. Given his size, I am thinking he was a 3.5 or 4.5 year old deer. When I walked out the night before, I probably walked within 5 feet of him.
I guess I had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Still have a lot of vacation to use and a doe tag in my pocket.

Good hunting guys.

Attachments:
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg [ 28.84 KiB | Viewed 7544 times ]
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg [ 32.01 KiB | Viewed 7544 times ]

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 7:36 am 

Rattling them in is always a great experience. Congrats Gary!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 9:11 am 

Nicely done, Gary. I knew the story already, but wanted to see your embellishments. Lots of activity in my woods the last couple of days. Lots of does, but only little bucks pestering them so far.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 10:27 am 

Good job Gary!

The rut is really heating up in southeast Iowa. I nearly filled a tag several times this past weekend. Saturday am was coldest of the season, about 18. Mid-morning I decided to give the rattle bag a try. About 5 minutes later I saw a very big 5x5 walking across the next ridge over heading in my direction. When he was about 75 yards out I snort wheezed several times to get his attention. Gradually he made his way my direction and crossed the dry wash behind my stand. I watched him rub a sapling and freshen a scrape. Got him to 20 yards behind me but no shot due to position of the stand and brush. He eventually wandered off. Guess he'd score around mid-150's. Saturday pm the wind was good to hunt my stand in a small clover plot (same stand that Uncle Gene sat a few weeks back). Could have killed my limit of yearling bucks armed with only a bowling ball. Small bucks cruising everywhere. Saw about 15 deer all told. Near dark saw glimpses of a very violent fight between a high-racked shooter buck and a second mature buck. At one point I thought their antlers might be locked. Could not see either deer clearly due to brush. Saturday am I had a small 8 pointer and a much bigger 5x5 close to the stand. The smaller buck walked 10 yards in front of my stand in a clear opening for shooting. The bigger guy was following and hung up less than 10 yards away with a cedar tree blocking a shot and clear look at his rack. Wind was swirling a bit in the creek bottom and I think he caught a little of my scent. I had not yet decided whether he was big enough I wanted to shoot as I had not yet had a clear look at his rack. I had my camera focused a few steps ahead where I would have a clear shooting lane but it was not to be... Taking a full week of vacation this coming weekend. Fellow PBS members and friends Dennis Kelly from NC and Larry Francis from CO will be hunting with me. Should be a very good week for deer activity.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2014, 8:46 am 

These Iowa stories have me drooling. Congrats Gary, and good luck to Gene, John, and the rest of you Iowa hunters! Looking forward to more. ..

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Can't be too many better places to be in November than in Iowa with rutting whitetails. Looks like the herd is recovering from the EHD problem?

Romans 10:15 “.......How beautiful are the feet of those that bring the Good News of Jesus...”