It is currently September 19th, 2017, 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: KTE Patch
PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 2:48 pm 

Membership Status: Associate Member
Hello all,

I've been thinking that to better represent what the PBS is about we should think of using a PBS patch instead of a Regular or Associate member patch. My idea was to make a patch out of our Knowledge Through Experience logo, like we have on our new logo gear. We have the graphic scanned in so making the patches wouldn't be hard.

What do you all think of the idea of 1) making the KTE logo our organizational logo and 2) getting some patches made up.

Larry Schwartz

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: KTE Patch
PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm 

Membership Status: Regular Member
I think it's worthy of discussion here and at the council level. If I read this correctly, we'd have 'PBS Logo'...'PBS Associate'....and 'PBS Qualified' patches to select. Right?

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 5:58 pm 

Kevin he had instead of but I think add the logo patch enlarge the arrowhead so everything fits inside it could be cool

Member of NRA

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 6:20 pm 

ahh....I need to read more carefully in the future.

My guess (and it's definitely a guess) is that the Qualified and Associate Member patches will remain in use. That's a tradition which I see as unlikely to be dropped. The PBS-KTE patch could be a very cool item for those who like patches.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm 

i like the idea of having all 3 patches. I would also like to have a KTE vehicle sticker for my truck. :roll:

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 2:14 pm 

Kevin Dill wrote:
ahh....I need to read more carefully in the future.

My guess (and it's definitely a guess) is that the Qualified and Associate Member patches will remain in use. That's a tradition which I see as unlikely to be dropped. The PBS-KTE patch could be a very cool item for those who like patches.

Kevin, you got it right. I am suggesting that we now have a NEW patch, based on the KTE logo, which would be a generic PBS patch that people could wear instead of their membership level patch. I was thinking that this might work better for exposing people to the PBS that did not know about it before. It would help clear up any confusion people have with seeing two patches (Qualified and Associate) for the same organization. It might also help us overcome the "elitist" issue since it doesn't say qualified on it and focuses on the knowledge aspect which is so central to what PBS is all about.

Larry

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 7:26 pm 

Thanks for bringing this up Larry. Glad to see the idea getting out there. If you need support when putting it in front of Council you can tell them that I'll buy 10 to start.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2013, 8:08 am 

I agree one patch one organization one team. On the flip side I think that those Regular Qualified members worked hard to obtain their status and it's a badge of honor so to speak to wear that patch. Maybe there is a way to incorporate the Qualified patch into the KTE patch some how so that they can still show their dedication as a Regular member as well as show their pride for the Society with the KTE patch.

Again I would really love to have KTE stickers as well. Need one for my bow case when traveling, one for my truck, my wife's car, my son's truck, my laptop cover, the man cave refrigerator and let's throw one on the tractor for the heck of it. :lol:

PostPosted: June 27th, 2013, 9:52 am 

I'd like to see the PBS-KTE logo on a t-shirt and/or hat. Window stickers would be nice too.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2013, 10:33 am 

I would purchase a KTE patch.... in addition to my regular member patches. I would hate to see us go away from the two patches that we already have, and have had for decades. Heck, I have regular member patches or stickers on everything, bow cases, back packs, hats, etc.

I have been waiting to order some of the new hats and shirts until they came out with the qualified member logo.

As far as "elitist" goes, that is part of the attraction of the P.B.S. in my opinion. We are an elite group of dedicated, ethical bowhunters.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2013, 11:46 am 

I have to be honest, I'm aspiring to be a Qualified member, and one of the reasons is because I think that its a cool looking patch!!

PostPosted: June 27th, 2013, 3:59 pm 

Randy Brookshier wrote:
I would purchase a KTE patch.... in addition to my regular member patches. I would hate to see us go away from the two patches that we already have, and have had for decades. Heck, I have regular member patches or stickers on everything, bow cases, back packs, hats, etc.

I have been waiting to order some of the new hats and shirts until they came out with the qualified member logo.

As far as "elitist" goes, that is part of the attraction of the P.B.S. in my opinion. We are an elite group of dedicated, ethical bowhunters.

Randy,

I am in no way suggesting that we do away with the membership level patches. I just thought that having an organizational patch would be useful. Making stickers, decals, hats, and such is also a good idea. I would wear both the KTE and (if I ever get there) a Regular patch, maybe on different stuff.

As for my comment about the word elitist, there is a difference, at least in my thinking, between "elite" and "elitist". Elite means that you are at the highest level in some category. Elitist means that you think of yourself as being better than everyone else and let everyone around you know it. We in the PBS are an elite but the PBS members that I have met do not act in an elitist manner. There likely are some who do, but I haven't met them yet. UNFORTUNATELY, many people do think that we are elitist and I think that they associate the Regular member patch/logo with that perception. That was one of the reasons that I am suggesting a new organizational patch, to help us get past that perception as we all do what we can to spread the word about the PBS to our bowhunting brothers and sisters.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 11:42 pm 

Pardon the necropost, but I have been digging around the site and found this old post and wondered where the idea of a KTE patch/sticker is currently at?

P.J.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:17 am 

Thanks PJ ;)

Member of NRA

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:55 am 

Necropost? :)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:59 am 

Russell Lantier wrote:
Necropost? :)

Sorry Russell, Necropost is Internet slang for reviving a dead or old thread.

Has its root from Necropsy I.E. looking at or examining the dead. :)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 11:04 am 

P.J.,

To answer your question on the status of this idea, I have not formally submitted it to Council. I was just trying to see if there was any interest in a PBS patch that wasn't related to membership type. My goal was to have a patch that we could use to represent the organization without all the membership requirements hooplah. Something that we could wear on anything.

Larry

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 11:11 am 

Larry Schwartz wrote:
P.J.,

To answer your question on the status of this idea, I have not formally submitted it to Council. I was just trying to see if there was any interest in a PBS patch that wasn't related to membership type. My goal was to have a patch that we could use to represent the organization without all the membership requirements hooplah. Something that we could wear on anything.

Larry

Larry, I think having a solid logo/patch/window sticker idea that applies to all members for the sole purpose of "Branding" is a brilliant idea and we should run with it.

I love the KTE logo and think it looks new, modern and refreshing. And if I am wearing a T shirt or hat with that logo and meat a potential new member, I will not be mired down in discussing the differences between an associate or regular member.

I could spend my time discussing the virtues of joining the PBS and not spend an hour explaining why there are two tiers etc.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 11:46 am 

I always wondered why the associate patch was there to be honest.
The PBS associate without the word associate or the KTE design are both clean designs with good representation of the overall membership.

I always liked idea of a single patch for everyone...and then if you become regular or life you get a rocker to add BELOW or ABOVE it to show attainment of a higher status or qualified accomplishment.

USAF (Retired)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 12:28 pm 

We should see about a quote from the makers of the other patches and the new merchandise supplier .This would make a nice addition 8-) I would be down for a few :)

Member of NRA

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 6:42 pm 

What Melvin said x 2.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:09 pm 

Ron Herman wrote:
I always wondered why the associate patch was there to be honest.
The PBS associate without the word associate or the KTE design are both clean designs with good representation of the overall membership.

I always liked idea of a single patch for everyone...and then if you become regular or life you get a rocker to add BELOW or ABOVE it to show attainment of a higher status or qualified accomplishment.

Ron,

I don't see the Associate or the Qualified member patches going anywhere. There is a long standing tradition for both, and they both look cool and people like them.

I do see a need for the KTE logo and promotional merchandise to be available for the reasons I listen earlier.

I'm with Melvin and KB-- X3--

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:09 pm 

P.J. Petiniot wrote:
Larry Schwartz wrote:
P.J.,

Larry

Larry, I think having a solid logo/patch/window sticker idea that applies to all members for the sole purpose of "Branding" is a brilliant idea and we should run with it.

I love the KTE logo and think it looks new, modern and refreshing. And if I am wearing a T shirt or hat with that logo and meat a potential new member, I will not be mired down in discussing the differences between an associate or regular member.

I could spend my time discussing the virtues of joining the PBS and not spend an hour explaining why there are two tiers etc.

Uhm, ^^^^^ That would be MEET, not MEAT-- :)

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm 

PM'd Tim Roberts to se if we can have existing vendor do window stickers and patches..stand by

PostPosted: March 4th, 2014, 10:30 am 

Now your talking lets get this puppy rolling :D

Member of NRA

PostPosted: March 4th, 2014, 6:23 pm 

left voicemail this morning and thru web last night to vendor. No response as of yet.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2014, 9:04 pm 

if he can't have them done I have a contact that can make the very nice vinyl vehicle decals. I have had decals and t-shirts done and they do a superb job.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 7:01 pm 

Thanks Rob. Still no response. You wouldn't believe how long I've been trying to get this done. Apparently there is an issue with anyone but the approved vendor using the logo. I offered to do the same here locally when I first asked about this a year and a half ago. Maybe someone can chime in a suggest another way to get this done. I really don't understand the issue. It would only be available thru the website. I guess a licensing issue or something

Gr

PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 8:06 pm 

Gary its a copy right issue I tried the same thing just wanted 1 shirt they wouldn't do it I've got calls and PM out also .

Member of NRA

PostPosted: March 5th, 2014, 8:37 pm 

I know a lot of people worked hard to get our current vendor on board. Is it not working out or are they just having temporary issues? or time to find a new vendor?